Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I will praise you in this storm

Praise You in This Storm-Casting Crowns

Just a heads up, I'm not one of those people that has trigger happy syndrome when it comes to cameras. I am more of a writer. But, I will try to snap a few shots of my life here and there.

So anyways, onto the music! Since it is one of my addictions, each title and focus of my posts will most likely revolve around a song. I will run out of feelings before I run out of music. For today, I chose one of my all time favorites from one of my all time favorite Christian bands. I am most definitely not one of those people that listens exclusively to religious music, but over the years I have found some amazing songs by people that love my Heavenly Father as much as I do. This is one of those songs. My favorite lines are:

And it's still raining, 
But as the thunder rolls, 
I barely hear your whisper through the rain
I'm with you

I have had a semi-rough time adjusting to solitary college life. I love it here and I love being in a place I feel safe to stretch my wings, but it has been rather lonely and a tad stressful. I have had a heavy work load, and not much time to try to make friends. Socializing has always been difficult for me, and everyone here seems to have a best friend already. All of my previous best friends have all deserted me, and I do have some trust issues. But being surrounded by people that have the same values I do and are striving to be the kind of person I want to be has just made me lean on my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much more. I feel so much closer to Him and so much more at peace with the amount that I have had to lean on Him these past few weeks. At first, I was skeptical. I thought that what I needed was miniscule to what other people needed or that I was just being silly, but it got to the point where I would kneel down at night and just cry to Him, asking Him to just help me. I didn't quite know what I needed, but He did. And day after day He sent me these little messages and signs to show me that I am not alone, and that I have a purpose. Today I was having a panic attack about having too much to do, and I was walking home, praying that I would figure out what I needed to do, and this wave of calm just washed over me. I felt the wind brush through my hair, and I could just feel Him.

Even now I can't describe the happiness I feel at knowing He is rooting for me, always there and willing to help me with the smallest little problems. Since moving here four weeks ago, I have talked to Him more than anyone else, and I just know that being here, I will be able to do amazing thing with Him on my side. He is my best friend.

I will praise you through this storm,

No comments:

Post a Comment